You are hereRemaley Log House

Remaley Log House

By chris - Posted on 28 October 2008


       This two story log house, built by Charles Remaley, apparently is the only log building remaining in Slatington. The current wavy chinking is not original. The six-over-six window sashes on the front of the building may be original. This is a drive-by site.

      Access: This house is located at 1217 Main St., Slatington, PA near the top of the hill at the south end of town. Return to Route 873 and Neffs Church, turn right and drive north for 4.3 miles on Route 873 to the south end of Slatington where the building is located on the right amid dense vegetation.

Selected References

      n. d.       Slatington, Pennsylvania: A Tour of the Slatington National Register Historic District. Northern Lehigh
                    Future Focus, Slatington, PA [A free self-guided tour brochure].
      1976      Northern Lehigh Bicentennial Celebration May 14-24, 1976. Times News Printing, Lehighton, PA
                    History Committee Slatington 125 Celebration
      1989      Slatington and Surrounding Communities: A Volume of History (1864-1989). History Committee
                    Slatington 125 Celebration, Slatington, PA

<- Previous Cabin